Rheumatologist Dubai UAE

Often a patient with joint pain sees an Orthopedic doctor instead of a Rheumatlogist. What is the difference?
Rheumatologist: is a doctor who specializes in arthritis and bone and joint diseases. He/ she gives medications to control inflammation and pain and monitors the patient closely. He/ She treats over 100 types of arthritis including Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Lupus, Gout, Scleroderma, Back pain, osteoporosis, etc. The rheumatologist may give joint injections, order blood tests, or refer you to a surgeon or physical therapist as appropriate.
Orthopedic Doctor is someone a patient may see to have major or minor operations or surgeries on their bones and joints. Examples of such surgeries are joint replacements of hips, knees, shoulders; disc or back surgeries; tendon repairs or arthroscopies. Besides surgery the Orthopedist may give you joint injections or refer you to a Rheumatologist or Physical Therapist.
Physiotherapist is someone who relieves pain by several techniques and also guides the patient in the proper exercises which one can and cannot do
Occupational therapist is a specialist who helps a patient adapt their surroundings to fit their disabilities and limitations
Dr. Humeira Badsha, Consultant Rheumatologist, in Dubai

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *